This outstanding series provides concise and lively introductions to countries and the major development issues they face. Packed full of factual information, photographs and maps, the guides also focus on ordinary people and the impact that historical, economic and environmental issues have on their lives.
Table of Contents
* The land and the people - geography and society
* History of a kingdom
* An agricultural economy
* On foot in the hills
* A land of many gods - religion, caste, culture and society
* Women in Nepali society
* Health in the hills
* Education - children and work, school and the law
* Giant neighbours - India and China
* Flight from Bhutan - refugees
* Tourism - who benefits?
* Whose environmental problem?
* People power
* Facts and Figures
* Oxfam in Nepal
* Further reading
Sub Title N/A Author Omar Sattaur Editor No Number of Pages 64 Format Paperback / softback
Customers who bought this product also purchased