Shipping & Returns
UK - please allow 7-8 days from date of placing your order
Europe - please allow 10-21 days from date of placing your order
Rest of World (Standard) - please allow 24-180 days from date of placing your order depending on destination. (Note: 180 days is the maximum time taken for orders to remote regions, or to some small island states. For most of Africa, Asia and America the maximum time is 56 days. Most despatches take no more than 28 days).
Rest of World (Priority) - allow 12-25 working days from despatch of books.
We cannot at present undertake to replace books lost in the post to the following territories: Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Burundi, Cambodia, Chechnya, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Iraq, Liberia, Montenegro, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Zimbabwe.
Postage and Packing
UK - add 15%, minimum charge £3
Europe - add 20%, minimum charge £10
Rest of World (Standard) - add 25%, minimum charge £15, add 20% for orders over £200
Rest of World (Priority) - add 40%, minimum charge £15
Special Services - For guaranteed next day UK and international services and other courier services please ask us for a quote by contacting us or telephoning +44 (0)1926 634501. There is someone to answer the phone from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, and a voicemail answerphone outside these times.
Refunds and Returns Policies
'No questions asked' returns policy
Practical Action Publishing operates a 'no questions asked' returns policy; you may cancel your order at any time before your order is despatched and up to 7 working days following the day after the day you received your order. If you have received your book you will need to return it to the address below, along with a copy of the invoice, delivery note or receipt that accompanied it. This policy does not extend to any perishable items, sealed audio, video recordings or computer software (which have been unsealed), which are subject to our standard returns policy (see below)
Standard returns policy
After the 'no questions asked' 7 day period we will be more than happy to accept books for return in any of the following cases:
- The book was found to be damaged or faulty. We will either replace the book or give you a full refund (including postage costs). Please state which option you'd prefer. If you require a replacement, we will wait to receive the faulty copy from you before despatching a new one.
- The book was incorrectly supplied. If we have made a mistake in fulfilling your order, a full refund (including postage costs) will of course be given.
- The book does not meet with your requirements. In this last case the following additional conditions apply:
- The book must be returned to and received by us within 28 days of the date of original despatch to you if sent to the UK, within 48 days of the date of original despatch to you if sent to Europe, and within 120 days of the date of original despatch if sent to any other country.
- It must be in pristine and re-saleable condition.
- It must be accompanied by a copy of the invoice, delivery note or receipt.
NB: We regret that, in the case of a book not meeting your requirements, postage costs cannot be refunded.
Books should be returned in their original packaging to:
Practical Action Publishing
Tel: +44 (0)1926 634501
Fax: +44 (0)1926 634502
Provided the conditions above are met, and except in the case of a book not meeting with your requirements, Practical Action Publishing will refund the cost of all such returns provided the books are returned to us by the most economical method.
The books remain your property until we have received them.
Refunds will be given in the same tender type as the original payment.
Please allow 14 days (in addition to the delivery time) for the return and refund to be processed.